FCS’s Independent Living Skills Program (ILP) services are designed to help youth:
- Build life skills, including money management
- Discover their strengths
- Connect with community services and resources
- Complete high school and access continued learning (e.g., college, job training)
- Explore career opportunities and find employment
- Plan for the future
- Secure safe and stable housing
- Build lifelong connections
- One-to-one case management tailored to the needs of individual youth
- Life skills and special topic workshops
- Leadership development opportunities
- Field trips, including college tours
- Arts activities
- Social activities, including holiday celebrations
- Annual events, including Annual Celebration (May/June) and Independent City (February/March)
- Information about and introductions to other services and resources
- Coordination with youth’s other providers, such as transitional housing programs or counseling
- Connections to employment opportunities, scholarship programs, and training programs
View the current calendar for upcoming workshop and special event dates.
ILP serves current and former wards and dependents of the court, ages 16 to 21, including non-minor dependents, living throughout Santa Clara County.
Not sure if you are eligible for ILP? Call us: 408.841.4303.
To learn more about services:
- Stop by ILP’s drop-in hours at The Hub or Gilroy Family Resource Center.
- Call us at 408.841.4303.
- Call the County Department of Family & Children’s Services (DFCS): 408.975.5814.
- Call the Non-Minor Dependent Reentry Line: 408.472.7288
- Ask the youth’s social worker or probation officer.
All services are free for eligible youth.